QuickBooks accounting software is used by more than 29 million small businesses in the U.S. If you are one of those users, there is now an easy way to customize your marketing efforts based on actual customer purchase data.
In 2021 Intuit® QuickBooks® acquired the Mailchimp marketing platform. The integration of the popular marketing tool with QuickBooks Online gives small and mid-size businesses the ability to leverage customer sales data for customized marketing efforts using one platform.
Features of the new integration include:
- Ability to import customer data from QuickBooks into Mailchimp without manual entry.
- Creation of customer profiles based on campaign engagement, transaction history, and total revenue.
- Targeting current customers using purchase data and activity to organize contacts. Use tags, segmentation tools and automation to simplify your marketing efforts.
- Expedite payments by allowing customers to pay online utilizing a pay now button.
Prior to this integration data was housed in two different places. Your email list sitting in Mailchimp or another marketing platform – most likely exported from QuickBooks or another CRM. And your customer purchase history and buying behavior data sitting in QuickBooks.
QuickBooks users who are willing to invest a bit of time and resources into this integration can engage in email marketing that has a greater chance of generating revenue.
Instead of blindly sending out a promotional message or monthly newsletter, you can tailor your communications based on a customer’s sales history.
Do you get coupons mailed to you from your grocery store? Not the generic weekly circulars, but self-mailers with coupons included. Those coupons are usually for items you purchase on a regular basis, right? That’s no coincidence. The grocery store is capturing data from your frequent shopper/reward account and customizing your offers based on your purchase history.
The QuickBooks/Mailchimp integration allows you to target your customers in a similar way.
If you are running a special on an Acme Widget, you can alert customers who have purchased the Widget in the past of the sale. Or alert those same customers if there is a new accessory for the Widget.
Or perhaps you want to let customers who purchased a Thingamajig three years ago that it is due for routine maintenance.
How to Get Started
- If you don’t already have it, get QuickBooks online. There are multiple plans to choose from ranging from Simple to Advanced. Choose a plan that fits your business needs.
- Sign up for Mailchimp. You can start with a free plan and upgrade as needed based on the sophistication of your marketing efforts.
- Connect QuickBooks to Mailchimp with just a few clicks and sync customer information.
For more information about taking advantage of the QuickBooks/Mailchimp integration, please contact Cray Kaiser today.